INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS
Legalization of documents
1. Foreign documents (Turkish) must be first legalized/attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic Turkey before attestation at this Embassy.
2. Pakistani documents must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan before attestation at this Embassy.
3. Attestation fee for any document is USD 20 per page
POWER OF ATTORNEY
- Personal appearance* of Executant(s)
- 2 Photograph* of Executant(s)
- Provision of each Executant’s original valid Pakistani passport or NADRA card along with its photocopy
- Unsigned original document(s) along with a complete set of photocopies of all the documents being submitted for Attestation / Legalisation
- Executant(s) will need to sign the document(s) in the presence of High Commission’s official
- Contact numbers of both Executant and Attorney.
- Attestation fee USD 20 per document.
Note: The validity of Power of Attorneys is 120 days from the date of attestation of Pakistan’s Missions abroad and re-attestation/verification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad or its Camp offices in Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta.
- Educational certificates issued by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Pakistan must be countersigned by IBCC.
- Degrees issued by various Universities in Pakistan must be attested by Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- Certificates of technical skill should be attested by the local technical board or trade testing board of Pakistan.
- All the documents mentioned above must be countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
- All educational certificates issued by Universities and schools in Turkish should be attested by the local Ministry of Foreign Affairs Turkey before submission to this Embassy.
- Nikkah Nama/Marriage Certificate in Original issued by Nikkah registrar in Pakistan with his signature and stamp must be countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
- Marriage Certificate issued in Turkey should be translated in English and attested by Notary Public and Countersigned by Ministry of Foreign Affairs Turkey.
- Such certificates, if issued by a hospital, should be signed by MS/DMS of a Government Hospital, in Pakistan.
- In case these certificates are issued by Union Council, then they should be signed by Secretary Union Council with his stamp.
- All the documents must be countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
- Divorce Certificate should be issued by Chairman of Arbitration Council of the respective Union Council and attested by a Magistrate in Pakistan and countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
Driving License Attestation.
- Original driving license, along with No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned licensing authority.
- In cases where original license is not available, a copy of license duly attested by the concerned licensing authority is required.
- NOTE: License without NOC shall not be attested.
Police Character Certificate.
- It should be issued by local District Police Officer or in case of tribal areas by Political Agent, and countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
Miscellaneous Documents (Pakistan Origin)
- Papers about MBBS/PMDC must be attested by Ministry of Health.
- Nursing Diplomas may be countersigned by nursing superintendent.
- Medical fitness certificates should be signed by MS/DMS.
- Miscellaneous documents in addition to the documents mentioned above will be disposed off on case to case basis.
- Documents attested by our camp offices in Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta will be at par with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad.
- All above mentioned documents must be countersigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.