1) NICOP is an official identification document for Pakistani Citizens working / living abroad.
2) NICOP can be produced for personal identification in place of Computerized NIC (CNIC) within Pakistan and abroad. The card is supposed to be produced at domestic or international entry or exit terminals.
3) The NADRA Ordinance envisages issuance of NICOP to Pakistani workers, emigrants, citizens, or Pakistanis holding dual nationality, having been registered under the NADRA Ordinance. NICOP is an identification document to be used as a substitute for the CNIC as and when requested.
4) Pakistan has dual citizenship agreements with the following countries which allow citizens to hold nationalities of both countries, i.e. Pakistani as well as foreign nationalities at the same time.
- New Zealand
- The Netherlands (Holland)
- United Kingdom
- United States
5) Who can apply for NICOP?
a) Citizens holding nationalities of above countries along with Pakistani Nationality are issued a NICOP as an Identification Document.
b) Pakistani citizens staying abroad, having passport or old CNIC.
c) Citizens of dual national countries holding Pakistani NIC/Passport even if they are using foreign passport for traveling.
d) Siblings and dependents of the above.
Pakistan Origin Card (POC) endeavors to provide eligible foreigners with unprecedented incentives while ensuring that the motherland remains tightly integrated with expatriates worldwide which includes:
a) Multiple visa-free entries in to Pakistan.
b) Indefinite stay in Pakistan with exemption from reporting to police or foreigners’ registration offices, etc.
c) Right to purchase, sell, own, deal with and dispose of movable and immovable property anywhere in Pakistan.
d) Right to open and operate the bank accounts in Pakistan.
e) Swift immigration into/from Pakistan at all designated routes, port and places.
f) Proof of Identity in place of National Identity Card.
g) May obtain Employment.
(Note: The Embassy of Pakistan, Ankara, as well as the Consulate General of Pakistan, Istanbul, do not provide NICOP / POC facilities. Issuance of New NICOP, Renewal of Expired NICOP, and/or requests for CNIC Modifications must be applied online, via NADRA’s website: https://id.nadra.gov.pk/ .)